Sunday, July 6, 2008

the bachelorette brunch

Nicole, Rachel, Jessica, Me and Kerrie

Beth, Sara and Danielle touching Baby G!

Auntie Sandy, Auntie Patti, Me, Auntie Mary & Auntie Karen

My Mom, Me and Grammy

i had a lovely bachelorette brunch on Sunday, June 22nd at the East Bay Grille with my family and a few friends. Obviously with my current condition (I'm 26 weeks and 2 days pregnant) a traditional bachelorette party wasn't going to cut it. i certainly wasn't going to be going out to any bars and living it up so my sis and bridesmaids thought a brunch would be better. that being said, they planned a small family gathering of my aunts, mom, grammy, and a few of my south shore friends who couldn't make the bridal shower. it was a wonderful time truthfully since i don't get to hang out with these women a lot and it was very sweet of them to think of me.

it's amazing how much kindness weddings bring out in people. i guess it's the thought of true love that makes them want to do nice things for one of their friends...my grammy also went above and beyond and paid for the brunch, which i thought was amazing and very sweet of her. i know my girlfriends were very appreciative and really thought it was just so generous of her.

the food was soo good at the East Bay Grille too. I love it there anyway, but I had a very nice breakfast and got to chat with my friends and family. it's nice to get to spend time with people i care about in such a casual and fun way.

i have had a hard time with so much of the wedding stuff because i always feel like i need to be "ON" or be the center of attention, but truthfully it was so nice because I wasn't the center of attention, well, ok I was, but I certainly didn't feel like it. It just felt like a nice breakfast with family and friends.

1 comment:

About this blog said...

Love your positive attitude and your fantastic supportive family! You're going to be one beautiful maternity bride.