Friday, July 18, 2008

my wedding...

well, the wedding was amazing to say the least. i LOVED it. i got to wear a beautiful dress, which at first honestly i didn't like but looking back on it, it looked perfect on me. i need to trust other people's opinions a bit more i think.
dave looked handsome, my grandfather even told me he thought he looked like a movie star! dave is dreamy - that's for sure.

the ONLY minor hiccup in the day was when the Justice of the Peace forgot that she was supposed to do my ceremony that day. she actually didn't show up. i had to call her and ask her if she was coming only to find out that she had forgotten. so she wasn't there for nearly an hour...so i did the only thing i could think of...i had the hotel re-open the open bar for another hour and i talked to the kitchen and they were able to serve dinner early...so people ate and drank and when Melinda got there we did the ceremony...it was wonderful! i was really pleased with how it all turned out. we ended the night with karaoke. it was fun and everyone took turns singing, which i loved. it was such a great day. everything i imagined my wedding would be, except i was sober and pregnant...but hey...i married my true love - what's better than that!
now it's time to focus on so many other things. we are married, moving to a new place and the baby is coming in early October. I am excited, scared, happy, overwhelmed. it's wild how many things I need to do...moving is going to be a lot to take on, but it will be fine. I'm off for a few more weeks so I have time to pack most of our stuff even though I can't move it really. Being pregnant does limit some of the things I can do and how much i can really lift, but i figure i can pack during the day and then after the 1st we can move most of the small stuff and then do the bigger stuff over a few days with the help of family and friends.

2 comments:

Sara said...

you did look perfect jenn and i'm so happy i was able to make it to see you there for your big day! until you mentioned it i'd almost forgot the jp was late since the evening went so smoothly!!

Anonymous said...

Jenn, you were the nost beautiful bride cause you had that extra glow about you...I guess it's the butterfly! YOur dress was perfect, the guys looked sharp, I loved the bridesmaid dresses, and your family was great! The whole night was great, a wonderful casual, but romantic wedding. Your hair looked so sweet by the way! Tim and I were so happy & honored to be a part of your day. Congrats on the new place, I am sure you made te right choice. You are already acting like a "Mommy" amd the baby's not out yet! Thats great! I wish you lots of happy memories there. You guys are going to be great parents, and your baby will be very blessed to have you as a Mommmy! It's the best thing is the world to be!