Thursday, July 24, 2008

"let ME eat cake"

SO turns out I don't have Gestational Diabetes! Yeah for me! I was so worried since I failed my 1 hour Glucose test that I would fail the 3 hour, but I got the call this afternoon that I passed the test! I went in this morning at 8 am. I fasted last night, and did the test this morning.

My glucose level was good to start this morning and they took my blood every hour after I drank this orange glucose drink. Turns out I had 1 score that was 4 points higher than it should be, so I do NOT have GD, but I do still need to go see a nutritionist to talk about eating choices and a healthy diet I guess, it's what the Doctor has you do when you test high during the 3 hour. If I had been over on 2 of the readings they would have diagnosed me with GD. I will be hearing from them this week to make an appointment for next week. I figure it can't hurt me to learn more about nutrition, honestly I've always wanted to learn more about how to put together a healthy diet. I eat a lot of fruits and veggies anyway, but I also LOVE candy and sweets and I think I could really benefit from talking to a professional anyway. Especially having a child on the way, it can't hurt to know more about smarter ways to eat.

Anyway, so that's the good news...I am free to eat cake...not in excess of course. It's nice to have one less thing to be worrying about in the next few weeks. Between going back to work, packing up this apartment, moving to a new apartment, all my doctor's appointments and then grad school starting back up, I am going to be really busy trying to do everything that I have to do before Baby G joins the world!

No comments: