Sunday, December 18, 2011

Bills, babies and money..oh my!

I wish I even knew what I wanted to write about, but there is just so much swimming around in my head tonight that I am not even sure where to begin with it all. 

I'm less than 20 days from my scheduled C-Section with my second child.  I am excited, scared and happy all at the same time.  My body is definitely feeling the toll of this pregnancy - being that I've gained just under 40 pounds - I am starting to really feel the cramps in my back, legs, etc.

I am also still working full time and coming home to a 3 year old.  Luckily for me, I have an awesome husband who takes care of me and is a HUGE help with the O.  Our schedules work out that he is able to help me in the evenings, which is awesome because my cankles need to be rested.  By the end of my work day I have ankles that are big, big enough that I am unable to wear real shoes anymore.  Thank goodness for my 3 year old Walmart clogs and my Old Navy cloth boots from last season. 

My last day at CRLS is scheduled to be January 4th, with my C-Section on January 5th at 9:30am.  I am hoping I will make it until then.  I really feel like there is a good chance I will.  I have had some contractions, but nothing that has been organized and consistent enough to get me going into labor.  That doesn't mean anything though, when it's meant to be it is meant to be...so we can PLAN on a C-Section, but who really knows...this kid and my body will ultimately work together to make things happen when it's time.

I'll be out of work for 3 months, with half of that time being paid.  I am hoping that I can actually stay out the whole 3 months, but if finances end up being an issue, I will be going back earlier.  I want to stay home longer, but financially I will need to do what is write for my family.  It's amazing how expensive life is.  Even with the amount of money we make, I still find us pushing our budget to the limit each month!

I think the financial stress of having two kids and owning a home is getting to me a bit.  I look at the money, do the budget and we are living paycheck to paycheck.  We have enough money to pay our bills, put food on the table, buy oil and gas, but truthfully we don't make enough to save any right now.  My hope is that after some of our revolving debts are paid down we will be a little bit more comfortable.  I am doing my best to manage our money but it's hard.  I know there are a lot of families who are in our boat, but it is worth it to know that O has a home, a safe place to live and doesn't want for things. 

I am also using this as an opportunity be come a better spender and pay more attention to deals and bargains.  I am thinking I am finding new ways to save money and actually feel sort of excited when I get a deal.  I can see why a lot of families buy in bulk, use coupons and figure out ways to make their budget go a little bit further.  I am thinking we will be fine, but it is always a struggle...or at least I feel the struggle.  I just keep reminding myself in the immortal words of my GiGi "This too shall pass." 

1 comment:

Kristen McD said...

It amazes me too. No matter how much is coming in, it all just seems to... go. <3 Merry Christmas! I'm so glad to see you blogging again.