Saturday, November 26, 2011

2nd time around...

Being pregnant for a 2nd time is so different than the first.  I'm guessing this is purely do to the fact that I don't have the time to obsess over every single pain, gurgle or baby movement.  I'm busy watching O most of the time or working or cleaning, cooking, etc...so I'm not as obsessed with every baby feeling. 

Baby G2 is due on January 10th, but do to complications during the birth of O, I'm forced into a repeat C-Section.  It is going to take place on January 5th at 9:30am.  I did not pick the date or time...I left it up to the High Risk OB who is performing the procedure.  Dave and I did not want the responsibility for picking our child's birthday, we wanted it to be as close to random as it could be. 

I am excited to meet Baby G2, but I am stressed about how we are going to make it all work financially.  Money is going to be tight - for the next 5 years or so.  LOL.  So that freaks me out, but other than that, the prospect of having a small person is exciting.  I'm hapy that O will have a sibling and that our family will increase by 1, but I know in my heart that even if I wasn't medically banned from having another child, I wouldn't go for 3.  I feel like at this point, 2 is really all we would be able to handle - emotionally, mentally and financially.  Nevermind the fact that I don't really think my body could go for 3.  I think it's reached it's physical peak with Baby G2.

In just under 6 full weeks, Baby G2 will be joining our little family.  I look forward to welcoming him or her to the fold - and watching O develop into a big sister!

1 comment:

A.S. said...

Congrats on baby #2! Since you are a more experienced mother I am sure your family can make it work smoothly with the new addition to the family financially... Enjoy!