Friday, December 23, 2011

hello old friend, what if we meet again?

If the 33 year old me and the 25 year old me were to meet (thanks to Doc and the Delorean) what would I say to myself?

I often wonder if 25 year old me was prepared for what was ahead, or if I was so wrapped up in being 25 that I missed out on opportunities. 

There is no doubt that 25 year old Jenn was NOT mommy material.  She was definitely selfish, motivated, fairly cute and also uncertain about what she really wanted out of life.  I am guessing 33 year old Jenn would tell her to have fun and stop worrying so much.  I'd probably also tell her to be truthful. 

Not that I was a liar at 25, but I was fair self-destructive in the sense that I wasn't honest with myself. 
I wouldn't want O to hang out with the 25 year old me.  She would probably not be the best role model for a cute 3 year old girl. 

I guess knowing that I'm heading into my mid-30's as a mom, teacher, wife, scrapbooker, blogger, adventure seeker, philosopher and cheese enthusiast makes me wonder how many times in life I will change.  I love that there is not definites in life.  Nothing is carved out as an absolute.  O has the opportunity to be who she wants and she can make mistakes...just like I did - at 18, 25 and probably will again before this journey is over. 

I think 25 year old me would be somewhat relieved to meet 33 year old me.  I think she'd be happy to know that the "happy ending" is possible...even though 33 year old me would call this the "happy beginning"

No comments: