Wednesday, September 10, 2008

30 Days Out...

today i'm officially 30 days out from my due date. i feel so close, but so far away.

since i've been on bed rest i've just been sitting here, waiting for something to happen...every little ache or pain or every time the baby moves i think "this might be it!" and then...nothing.

truthfully, bed rest has been boring at times, but it hasn't been THAT bad. one of the things everyone keeps telling me is to enjoy the time i have to rest because once baby G joins the world i am not going to have this time to myself, so i've been trying to just hang out and enjoy the fact that i am still just waiting for him or her to come.

i realize that once he or she does make a grand enterance into the world i'll be spending my time learning how to change diapers, bathe a baby, feed it, dress it, hold it, etc...it's a whole new world and a whole new life for Dave and i.

to be honest, i really don't think i am going to make it until October 10th. i have a very strong feeling that baby G will be coming within the next two weeks. I can tell he or she has dropped drastically and i often feel movement down in my pelvis area so i KNOW he or she is really low and i have pretty strong braxton-hicks contractions everyday.

it's only a matter of time now.

1 comment:

Sara said...

well being that i've never had a baby & have no clue what braxton hicks is, I'm just hoping it's not as painful as the name sounds to me! i'm so excited to meet baby g, well ya know see photos & learn his/her name, since obviously it's a bit far for either of us to travel in order for us to meet in person, but next time i'm stateside I PROMISE to come & visit, just not sure when it will be, ticket prices just keep increasing yet my salary isn't :( hugs & kisses from l'town, xxoo