Thursday, September 18, 2008

false starts??

so today was my late 36/early 37 week appointment. it was good. we did a check and i'm still dilated to 1.5 cm and effaced close to 90%.

while i was at my doc's office 3 different ladies went into labor. one went off in an ambulance, one in a cab, and a third was waiting for her husband to come pick her up. so that just left me...and though i'm not "officially" in labor right now, i am definitely having a few contractions...though i've been having them all week so it's hard to say they'll actually become consistent and work into something real. it could just be false labor...who knows.

so my midwife sent me home...told me to track them and if they get organized to call...so that's what i'll do.

i will be 37 weeks tomorrow so at this point i'm considered to be "full term" so if i was to go into labor now, no one is going to stop me! which is exciting and incredibly scary at the same time.

it's wild to think this journey is coming to an end. i mean, being pregnant has been such an emotional, crazy ride. i can't imagine that at the most i've got 5 weeks left (meaning they LATEST i'd be able to go is 42 weeks before my midwife/ob would induce me) with baby G inside of me. It will be weird and exciting to have to share this person with Dave, my family, his family and all of our friends. Though trust me, i won't be sad to have him or her out and about...it'd be great to be able to actually see my feet again! lol!!

so we'll see how it goes...baby G will be here before we know it!

3 comments:

CrazyMom said...

...AND be able to paint your own toenails again! ;-)

Sara said...

well i'm very happy to hear you've made it to "full term" but if (s)he wouldn't mind waiting a bit longer so I can win my "bet" I'd be ever so happy ;)

anxiously awaiting the day when I don't get an email or see a post cause you'll be too busy giving birth to baby g - YEAH!!!!!!!!!

hugs & kisses from london!

Sara said...

just put up a few posts with photos for ya, xx