Tuesday, September 23, 2008

my new game...

so since i've been on bed rest for a month, i've not really had a chance to get out much...but at my last appointment i was given the clearance to go do things...not be out and about like crazy, but i am allowed to go walking, to the store, etc.

at this point i'm close to my due date, and though my OB and midwife would like me to make it to 40 weeks if i was to go into labor now, the baby would be fine...so being on strict bed rest isn't 100% necessary though i do try to rest for a good portion of the day, just so that i can be sure i'm doing everything possible to help keep this little person safe and sound as long as i can.

anyway, my new game - so on Saturday evening, Dave and I went food shopping, while out at the store an older gentleman, probably about 70 asked me when i was due, and rather than just saying "October 10th" i just simply said "today". the look on his face was priceless. it was totally worth it. Dave even added "yeah, watch out, she could blow at any minute!"

so now i will definitely tell anyone who asks when i'm due "today" just to see their face...it's worth it since it amuses me and helps me pass the time until it's actually TIME to have this little one!

4 comments:

Sara said...

ROFLMAO, that's the funniest thing - you'll have to keep reporting about people's reactions, I can imagine it's priceless!!!

Sara said...

have you gotten to play this game again?

Anonymous said...

hahaha... when i was preggo with alex, we went out to dinner on my due date. i told the waitress and she said 'good for you that you are getting out!' like - what was i supposed to do, wait at home for my water to break? lol :) glad you're having fun with it!!

CrazyMom said...

ROTFLMAO too funny! KUP on people's reactions..