Sunday, June 1, 2008

the bridal shower

yesterday was amazing. my sister Beth, along with my bridesmaids - Kerrie, Danielle, and Jessica threw an amazing bridal shower at my parents house. i was so touched by how many of my family and friends made it to the party and how wonderful of a time it truly was.

it was originally meant to be a surprise party, but due to circumstances beyond the control of my sister and family i had other plans...plans that i wasn't going to be able to break (i was going to a party for my friend from work who is moving to Colorado). and the co-worker who is leaving is a person i consider to be a mentor and friend in the Education industry. She taught me a lot and I really wanted to go. So when my mom told me she was having a "cookout" on the 31st...I was like...whatever...I have plans, i see you guys all the time...so my sis had to leak the news to me so that I'd actually change plans and come. And let me say I am so happy that I did!

When dave and I got there it was wild. there were like 25 cars up and down my parents street and the house was packed with people! Had it been a nicer day, I think they had intended to do it outside! but it was still very nice even if it was a little rainy.

Dave and I opened TONS of gifts...i am so touched at the generosity of my family and friends. it's wonderful that people really do care so much about us and our upcoming wedding! we got nearly everything we registered for, which is overwhelming in itself. our living room looks like a massive houseware bomb has gone off! it's nice though, it's a good overwhelming!

we are in the process of putting things where they belong and it might take all day...or wait, actually several days I should say. It's fun and crazy...it will be a fun day of organizing and cleaning that's for sure.

To my mom and dad, who opened up their house for my shower, I cant' say THANK YOU enough. I mean, I know how hard they worked to get the yard mulched, the house cleaned and how much cleaning they probably had to do when we left. It was so nice of them to really do this for us and honor us like this. It's such a joy to know that I have a family that truly cares about me and wants me to be happy. I know especially with Dave's family being in Nebraska and Texas, that it's a nice feeling for him too.

As for Beth, Kerrie, Danielle, and Jessica - these ladies outdid themselves yesterday. I am so touched and honored to have them as friends, cousins, and sisters. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful women in my life. they really took a lot of care and time in preparing this wedding shower for Dave and I. It was definitely an event I won't soon forget.

xxoo - now i need to go eat! a pregnant bride is always hungry!

1 comment:

Sara said...

so sorry I couldn't make it for this party - I got the invitation from you sis & emailed to say I couldn't make it but worried it was a surprise so didn't want to say anything to you, just in case (lol) glad you had fun - you deserve it, probably made the feeling of having shingles slightly better, right?
xx