Thursday, June 19, 2008

details and more details...

well, last weekend we got a lot done regarding the wedding. we ended up going to Petal Pushers in Plymouth to talk flowers, then to Konditer Meister and then to the South Shore Diamond Exchange to get our rings. it was a LONG Saturday and sadly Dave had to miss his nap, but all in all we needed to get these things done.

we ended up going with Gerber Daisies for the centerpieces and bouquets and i ordered all of the flowers for the parents, grandparents, etc. it was a lot of decisions but our florist, Nancy was very understanding and helpful with the process. I am sure the flowers will be totally beautiful and perfect for the event!

As for the cake tasting, now in theory it sounds awesome. you imagine eating TONS of good cake and just loving it, but truthfully i was so over cake when we left there. it was a combo sugar high/buttercream overdose! BUT we did manage to get a cake that we both agreed on. we are doing a 4 tier cake with 2 different types...a chocolate mousse and a vanilla cake with strawberries in it. each tier will be alternating and the whole thing is going to be awesome and taste great. i am just glad i don't have to taste it again for another 3 weeks...and yes, i will have a piece of the chocolate and vanilla on my wedding night. i'm pregnant...and since i can't drink...let me eat cake! hehehe (thanks Marie Antoinette for being so ignorant!)

And the last exciting event of the day was the rings. Dave picked out a titanium band and i got a plain white gold band to match my ring...but because the base of my ring is wider than a normal band, i had to get it molded so that it will fit it perfectly. The damn mold cost 2x the ring! heheheh...the jeweler at South Shore was nice to me and said he'd have them done by the end of the month. So Dave and I will have our rings then. Perfect timing if you ask me. I'd rather not be rushing around worrying about it when we have guests in town. Dave's mom arrives on July 2nd so we definitely need to be prepared to have visitors and I'd like to have most of the details finalized so I have nothing to do.

This whole wedding business is honestly a lot of work and details, and it's funny because I spent 7 years planning and executing events for other people, now i'm working on my own event..which is fun and exciting but still time consuming. I can see why brides are just exhausted at the end...and a majority of them aren't also carrying their first child!

No comments: