Sunday, January 24, 2010

infection anyone?

lately i've been traveling with a box of puffs plus in my bag...being sick is no fun! i can't believe how sick i was this past week...constantly blowing my nose, coughing, fever, headache...i looked like someone punched me in the face!! i had it all - the swollen cheeks, black circles around my eyes...it was a rough week.

turns out the cold i had two weeks ago or what i thought was a cold turned into a sinus infection/double ear infection combo. seriously? how ridiculous is that. i was told by the professionals in my doctor's office that the flying to SF compounded it and that i may in fact have had a mild flu being that i had a fever from Saturday thru Wednesday evening. I managed to miss a weeks worth of work, which as a teacher is never a good thing, plus the O has an ear infection too!

we are both on amoxicillin and i think today was the first day in weeks that i didn't feel like someone kicked me in the face. i don't look great, but i look passable and tomorrow i'm going to go back to work. i am not going to over work myself (still sticking away from the gym until i'm 100% better) but going to sit at my desk and do some paperwork shouldn't be too bad...i'll just bring my puffs plus and a lot of hand sanitizer.

i wouldn't wish this type of sickness on anyone. i could barely go 10 minutes without blowing my nose until it was practically inside out, nevermind the headache, teethache and just general feeling of craptasticness.

i figure i have no where to go but up at this point...and i wasn't planning on getting flu shots...but being that a sinus/ear infection got me as sick as it did...i think that i'm going to call my doctor's office tomorrow about getting them. i really don't want to get sick again this winter...i can't handle another bout of sitting on my couch and feeling like i was run over by a bull in Pamplona. there is nothing attractive about a red nose (unless you are Rudolph) and a pile of snotty tissues on the coffee table. good thing i'm married or i think that i would have scared dave away!

here's to feeling better!!!

No comments: