Monday, August 4, 2008

the house on hospital hill

We're in. We've moved and I'm here today sitting in my new living room. Our new place is starting to get set up. Slowly but surely it's coming along!

On Friday evening Dave and his friend Artie moved ALL the furniture. Seriously moved everything and my mom and I did the packing and I did the light lifting. Then on Saturday my parents came down around 9 and helped us finish up in Brant Rock so that we could get everything moved. Danielle came down too and brought Chris' truck which was a HUGE help for some of the things we had left.

After that we all headed up to Quincy to do the final unload and unpack. It's amazing how much stuff Dave and I had stuck under beds, put away in closets, etc. Since we don't have nearly the amount of storage space we are very lucky to have a nice storage space in the basement for a lot of our items.

My mom and I went to KMart and Bed Bath and Beyond to get a few last minute items and she was very helpful and thoughtful about what I would need to get to make the house a better and more liveable place. We got some bins to put my pre-maternity clothes in the basement and some organizational things for our new bathroom.

Danielle took care of my kitchen stuff and my dad was helping Dave and organizing stuff. It was awesome to have such dedicated helpers. I loved it. I am sort of out of commission because I'm pregant so I LOVED having the help from my family. I'm very lucky to have such wonderful relatives who are so dedicated to helping me. I hope they are this dedicated when Baby G arrives! hehehe

And speaking of Baby G, well, we are a little under 10 weeks until the due date. It's exciting and scary. I love that he or she moves all around in my stomach - it's awesome that he or she is so active...it's cute. I figure we'll have our hands full when the little one arrives. I could do without the pain and pressure on my pelvis and the heartburn, but hey...small price to pay for bringing a new person into the world!

Today I am going to get moving after lunch. I need to do some organizing here...getting more things put away and I am even going to work on making dinner so when Dave gets home it's done. I figure it's the least I can do since I'm not working today.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Glad to hear baby G is actively bouncing around & that you're starting to get settled into your new place! You are very lucky to have such wonderful family & friends near by to help you out with the move :)